Mechanical Power Transmission Parts
You are here:
> Mechanical Power Transmission Parts
Norfolk Bearings supplies a diverse range of custom mechanical power transmission parts and components that optimize plant operations and extend the life-cycle of your machinery. We’re equipped to provide full support services, repairs, maintenance, and replacement parts for a vast array of mechanical power transmission custom applications.
We supply a large inventory of roller chains, engineered chains, ball bearings, roller bearings, self-lubricating bearings, couplings, idlers, speed reducers, drives, gear boxes, apron conveyors and array of related supplies.
What is Mechanical Power Transmission?
- There are four major types of power transmission which are mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic.
- Mechanical power transmission is the transfer of power from the source to the component that uses it.
- Mechanical power can be transmitted via a belt drive, rope drive, chain drive or gear drive.
- The power is transmitted through a drive shaft to the driven shaft.
Common Uses of Mechanical Power Transmission
- Shafts & couplings
- Power screws
- Gears & gear trains
- Brakes & clutches
- Belts, ropes & pulleys
- Chains & sprockets
Our secondary operations include de-burring, parts cleaning, surface treatments, stamping, finishing and polishing.
We supply quality gear drives for power transmission systems including right angle, bevel, worm gear and spindles. We also supply custom design gear drives and help find your necessary products during prototype to final testing.
Products Included Within This Range
Power Transmission generally refers to electrical and mechanical motors, and variable speed drives.
- Belt Drive Components, Sheaves and V-Belts
- Chain Drive Components
- Roller Chain and Sprockets
- Tensioners, Tighteners and Idlers
- Clutches and Brakes
- Couplings and Universal Joints
- Gear Reducers
- Open Gears
- Variable Speed Drives
- Speed Reducers
- PMCD Drives
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Gaskets & Seals
- Hoses and Fittings
- AC/DC Gear Motors
- Material and Product Handling
V-Belts, Pulleys and Sheaves
- Stock Bore
- Positive Belt Drives (Timing & HTD)
- Inch Belts
- Link Drive Belting
- Metric Belts
- Taper Lock
Adjustable Speed Drives
Roller Chain and Attachments
- Standard – Inch & Metric
Shaft Coupling and Collars
- Spacer Coupling Shafts (Steel, Graphite)
- Flexible Disc
- Elastometer Element
- Universal Joints
- Steel Disc
- Shaft Collars (Steel, Cast Iron, Split)
- Welded Steel
- Steel Bushed
- Stock Bore
- Taper Lock
- Cast & Engineering Class
- Finished Bore
- Stainless Steel
- Bevel, Miter, Worm, Change
- Spiral, Gear Rack, Helical, Spur
- Standard & Specials
Predictive Maintenance Tools
- Ultrasound, Acoustic, Acoustic
- Vibration, Oil Analysis, Temperature
Norfolk Bearings Inc. is ready to handle all your motion control needs including the following:
- Engineering new systems
- Upgrading old systems
- Emergency repairs
- Complete overhaul of the entire drive system
- Repair and rebuild of gearbox and drive systems
- Energy efficiency assessments
Our range of mechanical power transmission products are supported by technical expertise that provides value for money, fit to function and fit to environment. We ensure our customers achieve their cost savings and reach their reliability targets.
Replacement Parts, Repairs & Support Services
Norfolk Bearings provides a complete support service. When your mechanical parts needs fail or need repairs, we utilize our expertise to get you back up and running again. We provide a maintenance service to keep your machines and parts in optimal condition and after the lifespan of your parts has come, we supply and integrate all parts that need replacing.
Get in Touch With Us
For more information about our mechanical power transmission inventory, call Norfolk Bearings today at 519-426-7560 or visit our contact page to leave us an instant message.